Distribution Manager - Urgent Role, Woodmead (JB/DM/15/05/CSmith)
ZAR64,000 - ZAR66,000/month + Medical, Car Allowance
- South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Bryanston -- Woodmead
05 December 2018
31 Dec 2018 23:59
My client is a top International Company with a very well-known Lifestyle Brand in South Africa.
They are in need of an experienced Distribution Manager to join their team urgently. The ideal candidate must be available immediately or able to start very early January 2019.
Minimum requirements for Skills/Education/Experience:
- Must be fluent in English. Other Languages are a plus.
- Experienced in working with ERP systems (preferably Oracle) and planning applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (especially Excel advanced)
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills (able to convince people, liaise)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency
- Drive to improve, grow and develop Willingness and urge to use own initiative (pro-active)
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves and to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- High degree of trustworthiness and integrity
- Secondary school diploma/Technical degree from a reputable institution related to Supply Chain required as a minimum.
EXPERIENCE: Not Negotiable
- 7 years’ plus experience in Logistics/Materials Management environment and Inventory/Warehouse Management.
- 5 years proven supervisory experience in a similar role.
- Managing LSPs – Distribution Centre, Courier Company, 3rd Party local warehouses (QRCs, pick up points) in a way that SLA and contractual obligations are met and agreed service (perfect order) is delivered to members.
- Responsible for daily inventory management, ensuring the best product availability by maintaining stock levels within set guidelines, gathering forecast information and ordering resupply of products based on ASCP or agreed min/max levels. This includes purchase of locally sourced items.
- Responsible for frequent capacity and performance analyses to ensure that forecasts and demand /supply schedules are aligned and integrated, including inventory analyses for warehouse utilization.
- In charge of optimization of operational resources while executing cost reductions and inventory controls.
- Communication – maintain clear and consistent external and internal communication. This covers ability to proactively engage LSPs/local suppliers in identifying potential issues and opportunities. It also means ability to develop communication solutions that create value, mitigate problems and preemptively solve consistent issues.
- Manages team, measure and report on the effectiveness of departmental activities and operations, including setting priorities. Implement strategy to improve customer service standards, quality, productivity, employee efficiency, equipment performance and cross-departmental communication. Promotes innovation and continue improvement mindset into warehouse, distribution and logistics solutions.
Performance Standards and Expectations:
- All departments operate in full compliance with all Corporate Fiscal policies and procedures (authorization levels, T&E policy, SOX guidelines, etc).
- Prepare annual departmental budget and give input for local country budgets
- Manage manpower within the agreed budget for the department reporting in a timely manner deviations and reasons/actions to bring costs back into line.
- Regularly review the need, cost and stock levels for supplies and components used within the departments reporting in a timely manner deviations and reasons/actions to bring costs back into line.
- In charge of monitoring and controlling all contractual spending’s and invoices
- Manage all controllable expenditures such as training, maintenance and travel within the agreed budget for the department Constantly review all operations to achieve continuous cost savings whilst attaining agreed service levels
- The departments operate in full compliance to all Corporate and Local Human Resource policies and procedures, including legal requirements.
- Understand and manage day to day HR issues including, managing sickness, absenteeism and disciplinary issues.
- Continuously review and develop the departmental organization to meet its objectives. Develop and maintain performance expectations and job summaries. Hire and train staff so that they are able to pro-actively support the departmental objectives.
- Conduct regular staff meetings with direct reports to update them on Supply Chain and departmental performance, new product information and/or changes in processes
- Develop, maintain and review performance standards and measurements for each position within the department. Provide a save and pleasant work environment and ensure employee well-being.
- Take proper corrective and preventive actions in case needed and inform all relevant staff/management. Assure safe and proper use of equipment. Enforce that no untrained staff is using this equipment. Stimulate, recognize and reward pro-activeness and initiatives which have proven to be beneficial to the company and its customers.
OPERATIONAL - including and not limited to:
- Oversee the daily Order Fulfillment-, Assembly and Warehousing processes and assure procedures and SLA’s are followed to maintain timely and accurate delivery of products and distributor-orders. Responsible for managing all local warehouses within Southern Africa (3rd party operations) and its main activities in a way that SLA and contractual obligations are met and agreed service level is delivered to members:
- Distributor Order Fulfillment
- Warehousing & Transportation
- After Sales support for distribution related topics o Maintenance & Facilities.
- Operationally manage 3rd parties and transportation companies. Regularly evaluate performances and relations in close cooperation with Manager Transportation EMEA
LEADERSHIP - including and not limited to:
- Gain a business advantage for the operation through continuous evaluation of the operating processes; create a positive environment for improvements and successful change management.
- Establish close and effective working relationships with local and regional management ensuring information and requirements are communicated in a timely manner and that the department is integrated and respected throughout the organization.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - including and not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain customer focus in all processes and behavior.
- Ensure that problems are solved with a positive result for customersatisfaction and are communicated to all parties involved.
- Develop, agree, achieve and frequently (at least yearly) update Service Level Agreements for all internal and external customers. Communicate these SLA’s within the department, monitor and report achievements (in- and externally). Ensure that departmental SLA’s are in line with the in country objectives.
- Develop and maintain departmental procedures and working instructions.
- Incorporate continuous improvement as an integral part of all processes in order to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Develop proper KPI’s - in line with the regional, in-country objectives -for all department related processes and report those on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Administer company policies and maintain departmental conformance with company practices and regulations
- Quickly and properly address security and / or safety issues. Develop and maintain business continuity plans for all key operational processes
Please only apply if you meet the mimimum requirements for the role. Only candidates who meet those requirements will be shortlisted.
If you have not heard from the Recruiter within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.