Engineering Manager (Manufacturing) (LB-EMPE)
We are currently looking for an Engineering manager for our manufacturing client, to be based in Port Elizabeth.
Job purpose - leads a team that is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of site engineering, maintenance, utilities and services. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Coaching, training, motivating and guiding members of the engineering, services and utilities teams and cell maintenance leads.
• Implementing and enforcing operating policies and procedures.
• On time in full and on budget delivery of all capital expenditure projects and planned maintenance activities.
• Implementing strategies to ensure consistently safe, efficient and optimized operations and driving continuous improvement.
• Deliver and maintain a safe and healthy working and operating environment in full compliance to all legal and corporate regulations for all employees, contractors and visitors on site.
• Ensure complete compliance with all legal and corporate policies and regulations relating to labour, safety, health, quality and the environment.
• Prepare and obtain approval for operating budgets and drive delivery against approved budgets.
• Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, optimization, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment in full, on time and within the agreed and approved budget.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering work performed on site.
• Confer with management, production, and other stakeholders to discuss Capex project scope, specifications and budgets and ensure on time in full and on budget delivery of all approved projects.
• Identify, coach and develop talent to build engineering competency and capability.
• Drive employee engagement and compliance with all legal and corporate policies and regulations relating to labour, safety, health, quality and the environment.
• Support on time and in full transition to the cell centric organisation specifically with regard to coaching, training and guiding cell maintenance leads and equipment owners during the transition.
• Certified GMR 2.1 appointment.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Government Certificate of Competency – GCC (Must)
• Minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in the manufacturing environment
• Plus a minimum of 3 years management experience
Home Jovan 2018-11-27T11:43:49+00:00