Alpha LSG is currently looking for an experienced Team Manager Manager to join their busy Cold Kitchen Team based at Manchester Airport.
What the role is:
To take responsibility for the daily shift activity, ensuring that all work is complete according to daily work schedule to company and airline standards. Ensuring effective communication processes are in place and all Compliance standards met. You must maintain a productive, result driven team ensuring that all compliance standards are met.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- To ensure work is completed according to daily work schedule and all costs are within agreed targets
- Ensuring the work schedule is maintained by shift taking effective corrective action as required
- Highlighting on-going issues to the appropriate Manager
- Managing the roster effectively on a shift basis to ensure the work schedule is maintained remaining mindful of costs
- Ensuring team members carry out duties in line with work schedule
- Pro-actively communicate with internal and external customers, line manager and the customer service team regarding operational issues
- Ensuring KPI’s are followed, deadlines and schedules are met
- Adhering to all Legislation, Company Policy and Customer requirements and ensuring team members follow agreed procedures
- Checking all relevant compliance documentation and reporting any defects or concerns to the line manager
- Ensuring food and personal hygiene procedures are followed at all times
- Maintaining and improving upon housekeeping standards
- Carrying out first level performance management activities as required
- Monitor team productivity rates and provide remedial actions where required
- Ensuring effective handover with colleagues to ensure issues are dealt with effectively
This list is not exhaustive.
What you’ll have will include:
- Be competent using IT Skills; Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Evidenced people management experience e.g. dealing with performance issues, holidays, rosters and absence management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of problem solving in previous roles. Including planning, organising and delegation.
- Ability to coach and deliver basic training
- Ability to plan, organise and delegate
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Food Safety legislation
- Experience of SAP and stores management procedures for example stock control, stock rotation