IT Solutions Architect (MT/SO001)
£65,000 - £75,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Hampshire -- Portsmouth
Thursday, August 22, 2019
My Client is looking for a talented and experienced IT superstar to join their Team as the Solution Architect, responsible for the design of all of their technical solutions. The type of person who is always thinking about how software fits together in an organisation and keen on helping less experienced engineers to understand concepts and develop their abilities.
The right candidates responsibilities would be to;
- Help identify areas for green-field improvement, design solutions and guide the engineering team from concept through to release. All this while maintaining and expanding the existing SAAS platform and the systems driving accurate decision making.
- You would create high-level solution models and solution architectures for assigned projects aligned to business requirements
- Create, maintain, document data models and other validation methods to ensure content validity, completeness, and accuracy
- You would ensure that solutions will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business
- Analyse costs, benefits and risks of content creation in new systems, migration between systems, and revision within systems
- Identify opportunities in emerging technologies
- Assist the decommissioning and transitioning of legacy systems
- Ensure content designs allow for open integration with other internal and external systems using services based architectural models
- Contribute to the development of the Target Architecture aligned to the business strategy
- Be the design authority on projects ensuring adherence to architecture and design standards and the Target Architecture
- Develop the relevant subject matter expertise or identify and utilise individuals with relevant expertise to assist them
- Be involved in high profile, large scale complex projects and programmes.
- Provide support in the creation of the IT Strategy
- Develop the technical capability of the organisation and coach other solution architects
To be the right person for this role you will have…
- Proven themselves to be an accomplished software engineer, experienced in the design, implementation and maintenance of object orientated software and relational databases.
- Have a keen interest in and will be aware of the latest trends in software engineering, including microservice architecture, cloud based IAAS and PAAS, and non-relational data storage / processing.
- You will have great communication and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of business and IT teams. You will be able to facilitate decision making
- You will have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- You will be a good team player who can foster strong relationships cross-functionally
- You are a logical thinker with creative problem-solving ability. You need to be used to relying on your initiative in an environment where not all processes and principles are well prescribed
- You will have the ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business, and able to attend other sites for which travel may be required
Essential skills and experience…
- Management of software engineering teams
- Expert knowledge of .NET (Core) C#
- Object orientated software design
- Relational database design using SQL Server
- Knowledge of integration patterns
- Understanding of Mobile Application Development
- Excellent knowledge of Azure Cloud based technologies
- Experience building a SAAS solution
- Microservice Architecture
- BI and financial reporting
Nice to have…
- Techniques for staying up to date with emerging technologies and architectures
- Any experience with TOGAF or equivalent architectural methodologies
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Martyn Thorp, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
For further details please download the job description below: