- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
14 June 2018
Test Engineer, System Software
The Test Engineer, System Software is responsible for testing SCSC’s latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips to ensure they meet the highest standards. We test at a system level, normally using Android platforms to exercise the firmware, drivers and host code written by our developers.
The role involves testing, test automation, debugging of software and customer support; as a result we seek an engineer with good scripting ability (e.g. using perl, python or java), software development and testing experience.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving software quality, can produce detailed bug reports, communicate effectively with developers and work collaboratively with internal and external teams. The role is based in Cambridge, but will also involve working with our customers at their development sites outside the UK, so please expect up to 20% international travel.
• Test software to agreed timescales
• Develop, test and maintain software test scripts.
• Maintain and support software test equipment and systems.
• Create and maintain supporting documentation.
• Execute tests and provide timely analysis and feedback on test results.
• Perform triaging and raise defect reports.
• Provide logs and other relevant data to support debugging.
• Working with customers to understand, reproduce and debug issues seen in field testing
• Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics.
• Proven ability with at least one scripting/programming language.
• Good understanding of software test methods.
• Good understanding of software debugging.
• Effective team player.
• Good communicator.
• Good problem solving ability.
• Able to travel
• Experience of software development, use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jenkins and JIRA.
• Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
• Android or Linux expertise
• Competent using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.
• Experience in working in a customer support role
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.