- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
16 August 2018
The Test Engineer is responsible for testing SCSC’s latest Wi-Fi connectivity features to ensure they meet the highest standards. Testing from unit level up to system level on a variety of platforms including Android and IoT. Exercising the firmware, drivers and host code written by our software developers.
The role involves test automation and debugging of software, therefore we are looking for an experienced test engineer with: proven scripting/programming ability in both Perl and Python; software development; linux and; networking technologies.
Communicating and engaging with developers is key to the role. You would be contributing to test development and direction, and work collaboratively with both internal and external teams. In the role, you would play an important part within the WLAN development team, working in a challenging yet stimulating environment.
- Moving existing Perl libraries and test scripts to Python.
- Develop, test and maintain software test scripts and libraries.
- Configure and maintain software test equipment and systems.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation.
- Triage issues and raise defect reports.
- Provide logs and other relevant data to support debugging.
- Contribute to test improvement initiatives
- Degree in maths/science/software/electronics (or equivalent qualification).
- Proven programming and scripting ability.
- Good understanding of software test methods.
- Good understanding of software debugging.
- Effective team player.
- Good communicator.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Detailed knowledge of the Wlan on air protocol
- Use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jenkins and JIRA.
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Linux and networking expertise.