- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
04 October 2018
£42,000 - £48,000/annum
Posting date: [03/10/2018]
Closing date: [02/11/2018]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: [£42k - £48k]
Looking for bright, enthusiastic embedded software engineers to join the Firmware Team developing Wi-Fi for Samsung.
The role will cover the entire software lifecycle; from requirements gathering, to system test and product support.
The role involves working on major firmware modules, implementing designs and delivering within restricted timeframes, of the fully tested module. The role may involve travelling to customer sites to provide hands-on debug and support of issues.
The software is written in “C” and runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment.
Creative thinking and innovation are encouraged whilst ensuring we have a perpetual focus on quality in everything we do and the ability to work under one’s own supervision is essential.
• Analyse and document, system and module requirements.
• Design and document individual modules.
• Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware of major scale and complexity.
• Maintenance of software including defect investigation.
• Contribute towards the continuous development of the department’s processes.
• Support the development at customer sites. This may involve occasional foreign travel.
• Degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths/science/software/electronics
• Excellent proven understanding of ‘C’ programming language for resource constrained real-time environments where MIPS and memory have to be utilised carefully
• Experience of developing embedded protocol software
• Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools
• Experience of supporting customers in a range of issues, for example, software, firmware and possibly hardware, including on-site support
• Experience of developing and maintaining complex software build systems
• Time spent developing firmware to run directly on target hardware, with limited resources or operating system
• Experience verifying and working with new hardware platforms; bringing up early software, including Linux kernel and infrastructure required to support new designs
• Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl or Python
• Understanding of processor architectures and peripherals
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.