- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
04 August 2020
Competitive + great benefits
Samsung Cambridge develops world class Wi-Fi and Bluetooth IP that is incorporated into multiple chipsets for smartphones, tablets and IOT devices.
We are looking to recruit an experienced RFA System Architect. You will work with us to define our future radio systems.
Ideally, you will have proven experience at delivering industry beating products in mobile communications. You will be passionate about outperforming the competition in radio performance, power consumption and silicon area.
Your main role will be the definition of system architectures for world beating solutions for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios.
You will work closely with the modem systems and radio optimisation teams. As well as providing the occasional technical support to the standards team.
As part of a global team you'll communicate with and occasionally travel to other design centres in Korea, the US and Europe.
- Radio architecture definition & circuit design specifications of the circuit blocks for a full sub-system, e.g. Tx, Rx, LO, DPD loopback.
- The production of detailed system models for verification of circuit block specifications and verifying the circuit simulation results against system performance requirements.
- Documentation and presentation of specifications and system simulation results to implementation teams.
- Assist the radio optimisation team with silicon bring-up and root-cause debugging of technical issues, including customer, certification or regulatory issues.
- Detailed knowledge of the architectures and line-ups for Transmit, Receive and Local Oscillator used in RFIC solutions for highly integrated Wi-Fi/BT transceiver platforms.
- Detailed understanding of Transmit line-up analysis, including transmit power control & transmit calibration methods. Understanding of digital pre-distortion methods.
- Detailed understanding of Receiver line-up analysis, SiNaD optimisation, AGC & RSSI and Rx calibration methods.
- Knowledge of radio platform architectures for mobile connectivity e.g. RFIC TRx, FEM, Filters, Switches, PMIC.
- Good communication & team-working skills plus outstanding problem solving skills
- Good Degree (or equivalent qualification / experience) in maths / science / electronics
- Familiarity with modelling and specification tools for Radio Systems, e.g. Matlab
- Working knowledge of the RF layer of the standards for Wi-Fi (n, ac, ax), Bluetooth and BLE.
- Working knowledge of the radio requirements for operation in 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz from regulatory bodies such as FCC and ETSI.
- Some knowledge of Layer 1 modem performance for OFDM and M-PSK
- Background knowledge of mobile standards and solutions for 4G and 5G NR FR1
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.
Samsung Cambridge are following all government guidelines and many of our team still working from home. In the office we have many new safety precautions.
All of our interviews will be online. Your safety and our teams safety is our number one priority.