- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
13 August 2020
Samsung Cambridge is looking for a bright, enthusiastic contractor to join the Firmware team developing a world leading Wi-Fi solution for Samsung. The role is open for a 6 month contract with a possibility of extension.
The roles involves extensive analysis, debugging and fixing of issues by both customers and internal test teams. The role also involves design, development and test of firmware modules within WLAN firmware. The role may also involve enchancement of our existing tool sets to assist and enhance the debugging capabilities. The role can be done remotely with occasional visit to office for training, to set up equipment or perform experiments..
The software is written in “C” and runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment and tools are written in “Python”.
Creative thinking and innovation are encouraged whilst ensuring we have a perpetual focus on quality in everything we do and the ability to work under one’s own supervision is essential.
- Analyse and document, system and module requirements.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and is technical expert in WLAN/BT coexistence.
- Support customer issues and provide timely analysis and solutions.
- Design and document individual modules.
- Participate in cross team system level architectural/design/interface discussions and reviews
- Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware of major scale and complexity.
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation.
- Contribute actively towards the continuous development of the department’s processes.
- Constantly seeks quality in deliveries; works with lead engineers and project managers to ensure timely delivery of designs.
- Provide training and guidance to other developers as and when required including mentoring of junior engineers.
- Proven knowledge of Wi-Fi and BT communication protocols.
- Understanding of coexistence between the 2 technologies (Wi-Fi and BT)
- Excellent proven understanding of ‘C’ programming language for resource constrained real-time environments where MIPS and memory have to be utilised carefully
- Experience of developing non-Linux embedded protocol software ideally wireless communications
- Deep understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools especially using ARM processors (like T32)
- Effective team player and good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering results
- Excellent oral and written communications with attention to detail
- Experience of a scripting language such as Python
- Experience of techniques for communicating between hardware and software
- Knowledge of embedded multi-processor systems and inter-processor communication techniques
- Experience of using debugging tools such as ARM debuggers, Analyzers and Oscilloscopes
- Experience of debugging hardware issues.
- Knowledge of processor architectures and peripherals
- Knowledge of RF technologies
- Exposure to Verilog/VHDL and ability to interpret hardware schematic and PCB layouts
- Exposure to software debugging in digital simulation environment
- Exposure to revision control systems (Git/Perforce)