- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
29 April 2021
We are looking for a Customer Engineering Manager to join our team. You will support large-scale customer projects around the globe to deliver world class Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology for use in mobile devices.
You will conduct hands on project management, delivering projects from specification to production. It is essential that you are able to work flexibly to meet and excel customer expectations especially whilst supporting customers in a variety of different time zones.
You will be the face for Samsung and the voice for the customer internally, engaging with development teams to solve complex problems and meet technical requirements. Strong relationship building skills will be important as you liaise with multiple internal stakeholders and a number of different customers.
Regular travel post-COVID, particularly to Asia, can be expected in this role to allow for onsite collaboration and customer support.
- Manage projects from specification to production, outlining key milestones and liaising with developers to ensure targets are reached
- Gather and validate customer requirements and clearly deliver these to developers
- Take action to identify and mitigate project risk
- Set and continuously evaluate project delivery and performance metrics
- Co-ordinating between the customer, other Samsung development sites and internal developers to solve problems and ensure we meet customer requirements
- Regular reporting and presentations to customers and internal stakeholders to provide updates on project status and any ongoing issues
- Managing the release of software to customers
- Being an outstanding representative for Samsung to our customers and striving to always promote our products, team and brand
- Collaborating with technical leaders to plan and coordinate future development activity
- Relevant degree in a technical subject such as maths, science, computer science or engineering alternatively, the equivalent qualification or experience
- Outstanding customer service skills including great relationship building ability across different time zones and differing business cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems without supervision when required
- Understanding of software and hardware specifications and able to write technical documentation
- Experience working in a technical position with exposure to both hardware and software for semiconductors
- Ability to take ownership of problems and leading the development team to reach solutions
- Previous experience working in an international, multisite project management or customer support role
- Experience managing demanding customer deadlines in a fast pace environment
- Proven experience in managing large engineering projects involving software and hardware design
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally and flexibility to work alongside teams and customers in different time zones
- The ability to write and speak Chinese would be very advantageous
- Experience in wireless technologies including Bluetooth and WiFi
- Experience with the mobile industry and its ecosystems
- Relevant project management qualification
Working with us
Joining our team, you'll receive a great benefits package.
- Annual bonus
- Continued training and development
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits system
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell days
- Great discounts on Samsung products
- Free on-site gym and canteen
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed.